Wednesday, February 24, 2010


So I've decided to make a new post...finally! I was having a severe bout of writers block, and that coupled with a mountain of homework = no blogging.

Anyway, I don't really have much to write about, except that we oficially have a place to live!!! Colonial Reserve, right across from The Jefferson. It's amaaaaazing! It was our first choice and I'm in love with it. The view is breathtkaking! I'm so happy!

Lets see, we made a hardcore parkour video, and I conquered trees...except that I fell out of it afterwards.

We also tried to do a moon project and failed miserably. I don't really care about the moon, but I love the stars. It's so much fun to just sit outside and look at them, especially with someone you care about ;). A few years ago, my family went to Sunset Beach, NC and rented a beach house. It was the summer before I turned 18, and I felt I had to do something semi-rebellious so my cousin, my sister and I snuck out at 1 AM and went down to the beach. We laid on the sand and looked at the stars untill 7 in the morning. It was so much fun, it really puts you in touch with nature.

4 comments:

  1. so completely true. i love your post! :)
    i have never actually gotten to lay out and look at the stars for more than an hour or so. I'd like to, though. Summer nights at home I lay out on the hammock and it's the most comfortable thing in the world, and it comes with a view!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you found a place! Colonial Reserve is great and a great view of downtown from the 14th floor too, plus they gave a gym up there

    The stars are amazing. A few summers ago I was with my family in Abbant, Turkey in a valley resort with a lake in the middle. Me my brother and mom went out at around 2 in the morning and stayed by the lake just listening to stories and looking at stars, my mom saw 1 and we both missed it, then she prayed out loud that her sons would see one .. the moment she ended talking we saw 2 shooting stars. It was unbelievable and still we talk about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anisah: yeah you have to try it sometime! get some friends together and lay out under the stars till the sunrises, it's soooo much fun!

    Ansari: Thanks, yeah I'm really happy we got it :). Thats amazing about the shooting stars, a once in a lifetime experience!

    ReplyDelete
  4. we are definitely camping out at my house on the trampoline one night and we can look at the stars and talk about really meaningful stuff. it'll be wonderful.

    ReplyDelete