Sunday, March 7, 2010

I don't know why I put this up here. I just thought it was really really cute :)


Once again, I really don't have much to write about so I guess I'll just talk about my week and how it's been. This week was considerably better than last week, school-wise at least. I learned something new: that for the majority of my life I have been spelling tomorrow wrong. Thanks to Ansari and his mastery of the English language I now know that it is NOT spelled tomarrow....even though it sounds that way. I am also at the halfway mark of Lent. I had been doing very well until this week. Sadly, I messed up and ate a donut, which turns out, does have milk in it. Next week will be better though.


This weekend, Anisah has a bunch of friends coming here, and Lynsey has Raj over. We all went together to Belle Isle to watch the sunset. It was so pretty! I love the river, actually I just love water in general. I like the sound it makes and the way it moves over rocks in a river, or when the waves crash onto the shores of the beach. It's hypnotizing.



I remember during my second to last week in Costa Rica I decided to travel solo to see some of the country and ended up staying at this lodge in the rain forest at Corcovado. I only stayed for 2 days but it was amazing! I had met some people the first day, but on the second day I was by myself so I decided to go down to the beach (this is it, on the left). I had the entire thing to myself! You'd think it'd be boring with no one around, but I loved it. I felt like I was reconnecting with myself and with nature. I didn't have to worry about other people and if they were enjoying themselves, or if they wanted to do something else. I could just relax, be myself and enjoy God's creation. I sat for hours, just watching the waves crash onto the shore. It was nice to be able to get away from everything, even if only for a day.


Speaking of traveling, somehow while driving back from Best Buy, Audrey and I ended up on the road to the Richmond Airport. Every time I drive past an airport, it makes me want to go somewhere really bad...reallyyyyy bad. It's been about 9 months since I've gone somewhere, and I'm starting to get itchy feet.

3 comments:

  1. Awww :) I love itt. I really enjoy the water, too. It's so cool that you got to be on that beach by yourself. I completely understand that feeling.
    I'm so ready to leave, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha TOMARROW
    Hey, best of luck with the rest of lent, you know its the intentions that count right
    I get the same feeling of driving near the airport, its one of my favourite places, we lived right next one in Holland when I was very young so you could see the planes landing and flying away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anisah: Girl, we should go somewhere lol. Road trip!!!

    Ansari: lol, it still makes me laugh!
    Thanks :) Yeah, I know. Messing up is ok, sometimes I forget that. What counts is that your heart is in the right place.
    I love the airport too! I think what I like most is that feeling that you get, knowing that your about to go somewhere new. I didn't know you lived in Holland!?!? When did you live there?

    ReplyDelete