Saturday, February 13, 2010

Valentines Day

I know, classy right?


"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." ~ 1Corinthians 13:4-

This is a description of perfect love. This is the kind of love that God shows to us, and part of our purpose on this Earth is to attempt to show the same kind of love to each other. This Valentines Day I am single. Now that I think about it, I have always been single this time of the year ;). But instead of wallowing in self pity at my lack of romantic love, I've decided to focus on the other kinds of love that surround me.
I have so much to be thankful for: I have a wonderful family, amazing friends, even pets. All of whom love me. When I focus on the above, the bitterness of not having that special someone melts away. So for all you singles out there, on Valentines Day don't just sit around moping, get out there and spend it with the people who matter most in your life.
And for the people who actually read this (all 5 of you lol) know that while my love can never be as perfect as the verses above, that I am so thankful to have you in my life, that I love you and care about you and that I hope this makes your day a little brighter :)

Love,
Erin


5 comments:

  1. I couldn't have said it better myself! :) I love you! Let's make this Valentine's Day the BEST EVER.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should have read this on Valentines Day! haha
    In Sao Paulo, Brasil they have a football club called the Corinthians!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww. :) nice. very sweet.
    i think the water bottle adds to the classiness of your rose for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anisah: Thanks I love you too girl!!!

    Ansari: Yep, you should check our blogs more often lol, I think I'm addicted. haha that's pretty cool about the football team.

    Lynsey: For sure! I think it ties it all together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww i hope you had a great Valentine's day! I love that verse! one of my favesss from the Bible ever.

    Btw, i love your rose haha <3

    ReplyDelete